Friday, August 27, 2010

Thankful and Super Hubby

We are at 38 weeks in our pregnancy and I am so thankful, for many things:

  • I am thankful that my baby is healthy enough that instead of sitting in the hospital waiting to go into labor, I get to come to work and stay busy, be at home and stay busy, and spend the last few weeks in waiting without being in a hospital environment!

  • I am thankful that I can work 3 hours a day from home now that I am getting more and more uncomfortable!

  • I am thankful for excellent medical benefits at a reduced rate to me because my employer pays the majority of my premium!

  • I am thankful for family who calls to check on me routinely because they truly care about my well being and the baby!

  • But most of all, I am thankful for Todd, otherwise known as Super Hubby, also known as Supper Daddy. If not for him, our house would be a wreck, we'd eat out every night for dinner instead of having a home cooked meal, there would never be any clean clothes, and I would have the stinkiest child on the block (I don't think I've given J a bath in over a month). I am so lucky to have a husband who understands how truly taxing it is during the last month of pregnancy and picks up the slack around the house. He cooks dinner when I'm tired after work; he changes out the laundry because I can't reach the bottom of the washing machine anymore; he carries folded baskets of clothes into the closet and puts them away so I don't have to; he plays outside with our son and gives him his bath afterwards; he puts our son to bed by himself because I'm usually half asleep on the couch by this time in the evening; he rubs my lower back with a tennis ball because he can see how much pain and discomfort I'm in right now; and most importantly, he's emotionally supportive and loves me unconditionally!

I love you honey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment